AVID Freshman: In freshman year AVID students learn about vocabulary, tutorial, finances, team-building, and cornell notes. In addition to a strong academic focus, the freshman classes like to have fun with each other. The link below has a few pictures of the freshman classes getting to hang out with each other during school. We just finished an all-AVID mixer with the other classes. And later this month we'll be leaving for our college field trip to CSUCI and UCSB. To Titans!
Go To Freshman Pictures
What current AVID students would tell incoming freshman:
- Hardwork - do your best and don't slack off. By working hard now you are preparing for your future.
- Proactive - ask questions and get help when you need it. Don't be afraid to ask.
- Honesty - be a man/woman of your word. If you say you'll get your work done, then do it.
- Dedicated - work hard now and it will pay off later with you getting scholarships and getting into more colleges.
- Involved - don't just come to school and take classes. Join a club or sport and take "PRIDE" in NHS. It makes being here much more fun.