Nipomo School. Photo taken in the early 1900s.
Originally built in 1948, and completely modernized in 1996, Nipomo Elementary School is situated on 8.10 acres. The school buildings span 42,646 square feet, consisting of 25 classrooms, a library, a computer lab, an administrative wing, a kitchen, and a multi-purpose room.
Currently Nipomo Elementary has 435 students enrolled along with 48 staff members.
Parents, students and community members regularly volunteer on projects to enhance the school environment such as school work days held in the fall and the spring. The facility strongly supports teaching and learning through it’s ample classroom and playground space.
Nipomo Elementary School is a closed campus. Many people visit the campus to volunteer in the classroom and participate in school events. Parents and visitors are welcomed and required to check in at the school office upon arrival and obtain a visitor’s badge; visitors are required to return to the school office upon departure. During lunch, recesses, and before and after school, adults supervise students and school grounds, including the cafeteria and recreation area, to ensure a safe and orderly environment.